Music News, Reviews and live music video for the aging rocker set

November 24, 2007

Kay Hanley, headed for heroin habit?

A little bit more on that Thanksgiving Day Parade from my girl Kelly. Apparently there was a horrifying thing I missed involving one of my least favorite ex-local musicians...

"The Care Bears float was a moment of supreme "HA HA HA! Look what you've stooped to!" as the musical guest on the float - singing a song about caring and sharing - was Kay Hanley."

Wow, just watching that clip really creeps me out. Kay and skating Care Bears. Why does this remind me of when on VH1 behind the music Tommy Shaw from Styx said the embarrassment of performing Mr. Roboto live is what drove him to a life of heroin addiction?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

For some reason, your blog recently popped up as incoming on my blog http://kayhanley.com/blog/

The title alone made me click because most people assumed that I became a junkie a long time ago. How clever of you to suspend your shrewd judgement until I showed up on national television.

I wish I had gotten your advice before I stooped so low as to stick it out in the the music business and earn a living for my family. Thanks to your smart analysis, I now understand that my children would be far better served if I simply disappeared and became your waitress at IHOP.

Thanks, you stupid cunt. I'll make sure to put you on my blogroll.

Sincerely,

Kay Hanley

mzamar said...

Man, how awesome to be called a stupid cunt by the lady that sings the care bears song! If only I could verify this was really her. :<

Sheesh some people gots no sense of humor...

By the way, I'll have the Rooty Tooty Fresh and Fruity when you get a minute Hon.

mzamar said...

Oh and by the way, you're welcome!

andrea*. said...

I seem to have stumbled upon this as well.

Kay definitely wins for being sensible, reasonable, and using explanations rather than making petty and ignorant insults(except for the "stupid cunt" part which was totally appropriate)

mzamar (wtf?) loses for being a royal douche and wasting time blogging negative things about people they dont even know. i guess thats another ten points for kay who blogs about interesting, entertaining, and positive shit.

i'm outta here

mzamar said...

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for you comments, they mean a lot to me, especially since you are the kind of person who calls a total stranger a "douche" and "cunt" and then praises people who do not say "negative things about people they don't even know."

By the way, looking at my stat counter I have gathered you are the person who found this blog by searching "Kay Hanley Heroin Abuse" at Google Canada. I guess you were positive about something else?

Keep on being positive Andrea, enjoy that link to the care bears song. I think it is right up your alley. Maybe it would be even better if you were on heroin. Can't hurt.