Music News, Reviews and live music video for the aging rocker set

December 27, 2007

"I'm Not There" - shortest movie review possible

Cate Blanchett as Bob Dylan could not be hotter. She's cool, she's sexy, if only she was really a man who I could make out with. Alas. Otherwise the film is masturbatory, self-involved, perplexing. For those of us who know nothing about Dylan you'll want to know more, for those who know something about Dylan you'll spend the movie going "That's not right!"

I once had a fight with a guy about other Todd Haynes movie "Safe" He thought it was brilliant, I thought it was painfully boring. The only difference with "I'm Not There" is I'm not the only one who thinks it's boring.


Honorable mentions:
Cate yelling "I still remember your sweet little pussy" at a groupie.
Richie Havens playing a song.

No comments: