Music News, Reviews and live music video for the aging rocker set

October 02, 2008

Johnny Rotten Loves Butter

In the pantheon of surprising ads, this one certainly shocked me.
Former Sex Pistols frontman Johnny Lydon for Country Life Butter:



Says Lydon of the ad, in an interview at The Guardian ""I've never done anything like this before and never thought I would, but this Country Life ad was made for me and I couldn't resist the opportunity." Is this the ultimate rock and roll swindle? All I know is I sure could go for a piece of toast about now...

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Seriously? Johnny Rotten has marble counter tops and a stainless steel stove and hood? And a clean kitchen with sunlight streaming in?! I'm crushed. Here I thought I was a punk rock chef for living without. Bullocks.

Unknown said...

Where's the love for your friend Phil for forwarding this? Tip o' the hat, my friend, tip o' the hat. Basic blog etiquette. Otherwise I may not send you that video clip of Pete Townshend trashing his hotel room with a bottle of ranch salad dressing. Ah, rockers and their condiments.

"Cause I ... Wanna Be ... Buttery!"

mzamar said...

Oh yes, and thanks to Phil for this bit of Rotten trivia. Reporters and their sources...