Music News, Reviews and live music video for the aging rocker set

May 07, 2010

Banned Bands, but not the kind you’re thinking of

So today I was emailing with a friend who is really, really into marching bands. Yes, these people do exist.

Originally, I felt compelled to send him this hot news article from the Miami New Times stating that Frederica Wilson is Proud of Banning "Simulated Sexual Intercourse" in Marching Bands.

Now, color me naïve, I was unaware that simulated intercourse was prevalent in marching bands. But my friend - we’ll call him “Ken” because that’s his name - was quick to let me know yes, it's happening all the time! Just check out the video below around the :20 mark.



Gee, and they’re afraid of kids listening to too much Ozzy!

As I spent some time that day delving into the world of marching bands on the edge, I was surprised to see this list detailing just what marching bands are up to. It appears that, when not simulating sexual intercourse on a football field, they simulate napalming a Cambodian village, or murdering Elvis. USA! USA! USA!


I guess this just helps cement the truth that when it comes to a life in rock and roll, being in your high school band is the gateway drug. No wonder so many rockers get their start there. Mothers, you may want to reconsider nurturing your child’s interest in that glockenspiel. Just sayin'...

No comments: