Music News, Reviews and live music video for the aging rocker set

March 22, 2007

Vulvapalooza!

It's not often I come across an event with such a great name as Vulvapalooza. Apparently a benefit concert to raise money for local domestic violence shelters this evening of music features Rose Polenzani, The Grey Sky Girls, Kevin Allred, Matt Meyer and Michelle Cummings (get it? - oy vey). Anyway, I know almost none of the performers performing, but I have to heartily endorse it just because of the name.

Friday, March 23rd: Vulvapalooza Benefit Concert
Location: Spontaneous Celebrations (45 Danforth St, Jamaica Plain, MA)
Time: 8:00pm-10:30pm (doors at 7:30)
Admission: Sliding Scale $7-15

Want more vulva (I'm so excited I get to write that)? Come back Sunday for what the press release describes as "A day of vagina-friendly carnival-style fun" The Vagina Fair! No, I'm not making this up! An afternoon which will include face painting, balloon twisting, raffles, music, performances, rummage sale, auctions, Vagina Monologues merchandise, and lots of games. And if you can explain to me how even half of those are vagina friendly, or not vagina friendly, well... oh just forget it.

Location: Spontaneous Celebrations (45 Danforth St, Jamaica Plain, MA)
Time: 12:00 noon - 4PM
Admission: FREE

No comments: