Music News, Reviews and live music video for the aging rocker set

July 29, 2007

Who's House? Who Cares!

Lets be honest, I only made it through about 15 minutes of Run's House before I got so bored I decided it would be more fun writing here. I know Christianity and rock can sometimes coexist peacefully, but in this case the BET reality show which chronicles goings on in the house of Run from RUN DMC is about as interesting as a visit to your great aunt's house. Sure she'll let you drink all the Shasta you want, but that's still not great TV

I was surprised that the theme song to the show was not the classic hit Run's House (I bet there's some copyright story there...) but a boringed-up cover. However, compared to the theme of the Bret Michaels Rock of Love theme it's not really a tune I find lacking. Or maybe, to be clearer, both songs are lacking.

The bigger question raised by all of these shows is, if a celebrity is washed up, by having a new show about their life, are they now by definition not so washed up anymore? It seems unlikely the answer is yes, yet for the celebs on these shows it seems unlikely they have any idea this is the case. Oscar Wilde may have said the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about, but Oscar Wilde never met the cast of The Surreal Life.

No comments: